Okay, so I think this is waaaaay overdue, and much of the reason has to do with my busy schedule and headless-chicken-like manner of getting things done. But I really owe it to Alane for nominating me. In fact, the truth is I started this blog waaay back in March 2016, but I haven’t received many views simply because I haven’t interacted with the blogger community that much.
And Alane was perhaps one of the first people to actually reach out to me. Thank you for that! Because of her nomination, I was introduced to a great number of people who write pretty fantastic posts. But just to clarify, I’m not really in it for the page views. So long as I know one or two people out there read my content and are actually “moved” by it is enough for me. So for everyone I’ve met in the three months I’ve started to become reasonably “active”, thank you for being such great people!
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The other reason for this long overdue post is because I honestly wanted to follow the rules and link 11 other blogs to nominate. The truth is, however, I can’t find it in me to look for 11 other blogs to link to. I understand the idea of this nomination is to help other people get recognition, but I honestly think other blogs can do way better than me at generating reach. Plus, if I was going to nominate someone, then it’d be someone whose work I really, really appreciate. That said, there are gonna be a couple on this list that are probably big-name blogs that I am a little too ashamed to link to, haha. Regardless, here goes:
- Do you like to collect anything (coins, stamps, etc.)?
I collect headphones. At present, I have 7 headphones, 3 earphones, and 1 communication headset, all of which I use on a regular basis. I only have one vintage headphone at the moment (Yamaha “Mario Bellini” HP-1 circ. 1979), but I plan on collecting more.
- Favorite dessert?
Anything that has jelly in it.
- If you could make any book series into an anime that hasn’t already, what would it be?
I’ve always wondered what a Haruki Murakami novel would look like in an anime. Preferably to the style of Shirow Masamune. As in, Ghost in the Shell-styled and whatnot.
- Green tea or black tea?
Depends on what I’m having with it. If alone, green. If with a sweet cake, black.
- If you’re running late for work/school and you grab one thing for breakfast, what would it be?
- Ironed clothes or no?
Ironed. Definitely ironed.
- What’s it like outside right now?
Cold, dark, and gloomy.
- If you could make a music box version of any song, which song would it be and why?
Terra’s Theme from Final Fantasy VI (or III for you Americans out there). To be honest, I’m playing FFVI all over again after seeing posts all over facebook of people sharing their “selfies” in FFXV. Ah, so you want to play Final Fantasy now, do you? Step aside kiddos, this is how it’s done.
- What catchphrase would you use to describe your life?
Every moment of existence is a chance for you to change the future. You just have to be receptive enough to notice it.
- Do you have any writing advice for budding bloggers?
Don’t worry about a niche style that differentiates you from other writers. You write what you want to write. That in itself makes you different.
- If you could make a knitted version of any character, who would that character be and why?
I first have to learn how to knit. And if I could knit something, I’d probably knit an elbow warmer. And if it’s gonna be an elbow warmer, it better have Hades from Disney’s Hercules on it.
Okay nomination time. I’m pretty sure a big chunk of the people here have already received a nomination, but I’m not gonna lie. Your blogs are definitely good stuff.
- The Otaku Judge – The judge is a real character, blending silly jokes with excellent reviews. There isn’t a pun this guy doesn’t have in his arsenal that won’t crease a smile across your face.
- The Lily Garden – I recently discovered that Remy and I are soulmates, because we both love Saki to bits. I owe him several cups of coffee for always giving me a reason to enjoy his entries.
- Another Anime Review – David is a colleague of mine back from the days we used to write for the now defunct CrunchyRoll Newsletter. His insights are deep, and he conveys his reviews both succinctly and elegantly.
- Little Anime Blog – I’m pretty sure Dominic and Elizabeth have received countless nominations, but they’ve done a great job at providing both insightful essays and news articles for all of us anime lovers. Kudos to everything you do for the community.
- 100 Word Anime – Another blogger I’m sure has received countless nominations. It’s always fun to find my inbox flooded with posts by Karandi — and I enjoy reading each and every one of them.
- JAPANime Talks – I’m pretty sure Venus has already gotten this nomination, but hey, she deserves another one! I’m continually impressed by the content she brings out. It’s different, and always fun to read.
- Wrong Every Time – A blog run by Nick Creamer a.k.a. “Bobduh” who writes for both ANN and CrunchyRoll. He doesn’t need this nomination, but I decided to put it here if anyone wants to check out his work (if you don’t already know him). He’s one of the reasons why I sought the courage to start my own blog in the first place.
- Mage In a Barrel – A blog run by iblessall, I worked with him for a short time at the CrunchyRoll Newsletter, but he’s a very well-known writer in the scene, and contributes regularly in a column in the main CrunchyRoll news feeds. He loves Macross.
- Geekorner – A blog run by Guy Shalev. This guy is quite the critic, but I love his no-holds-barred approach to critiquing. He’s highly analytical, and he always adds a refreshing twist to ideas that I otherwise would not have thought of.
- Minute Art – A blog run by Scott Laroux. He writes very long, but highly analytical critiques into the shows he watches, and it’s amazing how he can extract even the most “minute” of details to make our watching experiences just a little more enjoyable.
Yeah, short by one. What’s one number between pals? Anyway, you may have noticed that I didn’t link the latter four blogs. These are people I highly respect, and I think it’s a little odd to send them a list of questions to answer at random. Anyway, I dunno if anyone’s gonna answer these questions, but here goes:
1 – 5. Name five places you want to visit before you die and give a short reason why you want to go there. (Take note: PLACES, not countries)
6. If you could direct an anime, what would it be about? [you can name a novel, a plot, or even a genre. Get creative. You’re a blogger. 😉 ]
7 – 11. Pick between the two (no reasons necessary)
- Goku vs. Naruto
- Melon-pan vs. An-pan
- Final Fantasy vs. Dragon Quest
- Childhood friend vs. “That other girl”
- Panty shot vs. Boob shot